- How to set a realistic goal for your race and how to plan and structure your training to achieve it.
- Why you don’t need to be running long runs every single week, or increasing mileage every week (phew!).
- How to get those long runs right in terms of pace, distance and frequency.
- Tips on how to maximise recovery and deal with post-run niggles.
- Race preparation (including the taper and formulating your ‘race plan’).
- Race day itself - fuelling up, missing 'the wall' and winning the mental game.
- A supported and guided long run. (Don’t worry if it’s your first one – there will be varying distances on offer.)
- A stretch and recovery session.
Number of places: 12
Cost per person: £65
Workshop duration: 10.30am until 4.30pm
Venue: The Elysian Centre, Cinque Port Street, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7AN. A 2-minute walk from Rye station or park for £2 all day at Rye Market car park (TN31 7AD) around the corner.
Is it for you? This workshop is suitable for any marathoner who would like to know more about how to train and race the distance effectively, including first-timers. A long (though individually tailored) run is included during the day, so try to avoid doing a hard or long run the day before and after.
This date or location not working for you? Email us to be notified about the next Master Your Marathon workshop.